Sunday 13 April 2014

From the Old Covenant to the New and God cares.


A Brief History of Mercy

 

He’s the God of the many

Outside His love there’s not any

Now not just Jew’s find God

But all who tread this barren sod

 

Before that Eve and Adam fell

From grace in Eden all went well

Now all God’s sons and daughters

The time of Noah go astray


We are all the slaves of sin

Sold like the fourth in line Joseph

Christ like Moses set us free

Not with the Law but Jesus blood

 

David King of an Empire

Forgiven promised Son to rule

We’ve come back from Babylon

We’ve the temple of the Spirit

 

Here Roman Cath’lics believe

In the Chalice and Host we’re free

Present in lives Lord of dance

We adore Him in the Monstrance

 

From age of Peter and Paul

As Saul’s persecution give’s strife

One’s still reject my Lord of Life

Helpeth me overcome my grief

 

 

It is the Lord Who cares

 

If I falter stumble and fall

It is the Lord Who cares

If I betray like Adam, David or Judas

It is You Jesus that really cares

 

Against You my God alone I’ve sinned

So it is You just the Christ reels me in

The Church Your Body offers Reconciliation for sin

Lead me home Holy Spirit through Confession in

 

Into the Master’s caring embrace stretched out for me

What could more show You care the Way to Calvary

King of kings You have seen my trouble hung upon the tree

It is Your care for my every woe sets me free

 

When my heartache and sin problems and trials seem tall

It is the cross inspires You bore there cares

We seem behind the eight ball only sink the white instead

By Your Spirit Almighty Saviour I know the Father cares

 

Called Consoler of poor Guide of this hapless man

When seems no hope in reason not the World that cares

It is not my brother or sister to have done what we can

But You o Precious Healer Who gently cares

No comments:

Post a Comment