Monday 22 April 2019

New Annual Pascal Auto-biographical pg 1


New Years ’18-’19 Be thankful for the unimaginable grace of God – unfathomable for all times
2nd Jan. The Christian Way is not known in this part of town. There is not a merry soul who doesn’t wear a frown. A few believers keep faith sure, but the general consensus is Jesus is not the Holy Name; but used liberally in cusses. I’ve come to learn from a Sr. and from Fr., from a Church in another neighbourhood, of a Holy Life, a better life: that my life might be good. To be Baptised, is to be born anew; to be Confirmed, to be filled with Fire. My aim is not to please myself, but please others is my desire. Now this involves a Conversion, which evolves from the Sacraments, and specifically the one of Conversion. My ownership for my past life is monitored by a priest. They administer the others as well, first as Jesus, and as his apostolic Church, has instructed. It is a no brainer. Jesus is the Bread that sustains us in the development of better living, supported by Conversion. My family noted a dramatic change in me. I noticed not only my will to live has been strengthened; joy of life I had as a child is returning. My frown has turned upside down. A spark turns into a fanned flame. You see where this is going.                                                                                                                                                                          Holy Name of Jesus - When I was a boy and still feared the Lord, nobody put sports ahead of the Lord’s Day worship. No one went shopping on that Day of Rest. Of all the other six, Sunday was the best. To You, merciful Father, with confidence we plea, for forgiveness for my generation, and that we see things put right. I’m so sorry for how I’ve let You down. I was bad seven days a week. Teach me Holy Spirit, to be one who’s meek. To put the Triune God before all other gods, I must put God before all this World lauds. Might I still honour my folks, they always honoured You, and put the world right again, by all I say and do.                                                                                                                                                                           St. Elizabeth Ann Seton pray for us. Why, oh why wont the world turn to Christ? Why did I take so long? Why did I be so stubborn and proud? Why miss the mark if we no longer enjoy being wrong? But this is the way of the World. Going to Hell in a handbag we used to say. It was my way or the highway, I now say with tears. No longer, no regrets, now that I know the Way. Yes, Christ is the answer to waywardness. I thought I’d found Jesus when I was a boy. But on a different Altar, All was offered for me. Now in the Eucharist, I’ve found this joy. In Forgiveness, I’ve found peace and joy. Through RCIA only I’ve found joy!                                                                                                                                                                           You see it was a long time ago I was at an Evangelical altar rail and not to put them down, without all seven Sacraments of the Church, the seed fell on rocky soil, the house was built on sand, not the Rock of the Lord and the rock of St. Peter. As a child I had no roots. I was shallow. The church I went to didn’t have the depth of a continuous history, from the apostles through to now, and the cares, the lures, of this World got me hooked on my own pursuits. It took me all my time, energy and money to pursue missing the mark. I was evil.                                                                                                                                            I am free. And I know what it feels like to be released from hospitals or jails; but I’ve been turned out now, from my own prison bars and restraints, constructed by my evil pursuits. And now this freedom ensues. I am no longer enslaved by addictive behaviour and it was not correction, medication or modification, not to put them down, but Confession, Baptism, Confirmation and Communion, from the Author of our Faith, these discharged me from my slavery to other gods, cravings, putting down people, and the bottomless pit, of more, more, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment